Alison and Mars have been together for over 15 years now. Individually, they have been doing various types of art since childhood - which was a very long time ago - and together they have been working in a studio since they met and married 15 years ago.
They met at a Science Fiction convention - and it was love at first site!
Artistic Anachronism has grown out of their mutual love for doing almost anything creative, their love of steampunk, Gothic architecture and furnishings, and a growing fascination with the Victorian era. This business is the home for all of their many endeavors, including (but not necessarily limited to):
- Alison's Jewelry (formerly Jewelry by Alison)
- Marcel's Celtic art (formerly Celtic Illuminations of MRD)
- Marcel's love of wood working
- Marcel's blacksmithing
- Alison's work in stained glass
- Marcel's love of Absinthe
- Fantasy art work done by both artists
- Their mutual love of antiques
Watch this site for all kinds of items. You never know what will turn up here - it depends on the direction the creative winds are blowing!